Lifestyle

Women Suffers Excruciating Death After Being Mistakenly Embalmed Alive

A woman has suffered an agonising death after being embalmed alive in a Russian hospital.

Her mother has accused the doctors of giving her daughter an intravenous drip of formalin – which contains formaldehyde, instead of saline solution – and is usually used to prevent dead bodies from decomposing.

Ekaterina Fedyaeva was 27 years old and had gone into the hospital in Ulyanovsk for a routine procedure.

After being put on the wrong drip she began to convulse and slipped into a coma two days later.

She briefly awoke from that coma several days later but despite being taken to a specialist hospital in the Russian capital, Moscow, she died of multiple organ failure.

 

Galina Baryshnikova, Ekaterina’s mum, said: “This is pure murder. It was simply eroding her body from inside.

“Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking.

“I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it. No doctor came to see her although she was coming round from anaesthetic.”

She continued: “We had no idea it was formalin.

“Now I understand that formalin was simply eroding her body from inside.

“People who performed the surgery already knew that they infused something wrong. They needed to take some urgent measures – but they did nothing.”

Baryshnikova claims that concerns were brushed aside and she was told to go home, despite begging hospital staff to help her.

She also describes going to find the doctors but finding them in a huddle “discussing how to tell us that a terrible mistake had been made”.

She claims a female doctor told her: “A medical mistake took place. She is in a coma now, her heart, lungs and liver stopped working. She is attached to an artificial lung ventilator.”

The grieving mother added: “I begged – ‘please help her, she is my only child’. I think they just wanted me to go away and to hide everything.

“For 14 hours after surgery she was living with this formalin and they did nothing,”

Ekaterina was buried on April 7th and a criminal investigation has since been launched into her death.

In large does Formaldehyde solution (formalin) is incredibly dangerous to humans. It is also used in the textile, plastic, and paint manufacturing industry.
The name of the hospital at which the medical mistake was made is not clear.

Featured Image Credit: East2West News

by Tom Wood

Source: Ladbible