This two-ingredient dough utilizes plain fat-free Greek yogurt as well as white self-rising flour. If you can’t find self-rising flour, simply whisk 1 cup regular all-purpose flour with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and 1½ teaspoons baking powder. We use canned tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and turkey pepperoni in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with whatever sauces, cheeses, and meats you have on hand. Just be sure to top it off with some grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes for a touch of heat right before serving. Those small finishing touches really make a big difference to the final dish.
- plain fat free Greek yogurt – 1 cup(s)
- white self-rising flour – 1 cup(s)
- canned tomato sauce – 1 cup(s)
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese- ¾ cup(s)
- small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni – 20 piece(s)
- grated Parmesan cheese – 4 Tbsp
- basil – 2 Tbsp, slivered
- crushed red pepper flakes -4 pinch, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place yogurt and flour in a large bowl; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle with a little flour; place dough on paper. Use a knife to cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough into a 6-7 inch oval. Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until dough is beginning to turn lightly golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each with ¼ c sauce, 3 Tbsp mozzarella cheese and 5 pieces pepperoni. Return to oven and bake a few more minutes until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve each sprinkled with 1 Tbsp Parmesan, 1/2 Tbsp basil and a pinch red pepper flakes.
- Serving size: 1 pizza
Jade is from South Africa and is the owner of Moon-Child.net
She has been writing content for various sites since 2015, with special interest in Environmental and Nature topics.
She is a permanent writer at The Mind Unleashed but has published work on Educate Inspire Change, The Spirit Science and has ghost written for a few other sites over the years.