Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by your own feelings? Everyone does! It is not easy to know what you are feeling every day. For example, you may feel really confused, sad, or angry without realizing why.
This is not unusual. In fact, everyone experiences these sudden and mysterious emotions. These feelings are difficult to recognize since the person experiencing them is not aware they have them. True feelings are immensely complicated.
They are a part of our everyday lives and influence us on a day to day basis. They drive our actions and decisions. They force us to engage in conflict and solve our problems. These feelings may seem complex, but they follow certain rules.
If you know the rules, you will be able to manage your emotions healthily explains Psych Central.
11 Rules Your Emotions Follow
1. You don’t choose your feelings because they originate from the part of the brain that isn’t under your control.
2. Emotions don’t follow a moral code. They are neither right nor wrong, bad or good. They are just emotions.
3. You are responsible for your own emotions.
4. You can repress your emotions but you can’t get rid of them.
5. Emotions can lead you astray or down the right path. It all depends on your actions.
6. The more you ignore them, the stronger they become.
7. The only way to deal with emotions is to allow yourself to feel them.
8. Your emotions fuel your thoughts. You can use these thoughts to manage your emotions.
9. You have to understand your emotions, their meanings and what they are trying to tell you so that you will be able to deal with the pressure. In other words, you must process your feelings.
Sometimes the source can be quite old. Well, that doesn’t mean you should give up or bury the problem. On the contrary, you should do everything you can to solve that particular problem and fill in the gaps